• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Enterprise Arms L1A1 w/ L2 Furniture

Dirty_Gaijin

FALaholic #
Hi all,

First post. I'm not well versed with FALs and tried to search the forum before posting.

I have an Enterprise arms L1A1 in front of me at work and it has L2A1 furniture but has a pencil barrel instead of the heavy barrel.

I've read how Enterprise Arms should raise alarm bells when you come across one. I read it should be ABNI marked if it is Irwindale, CA for it to be a "safe"one. I've looked up and down on this rifle but couldn't find that but it is Irwindale, CA marked.

Trying to figure out what this is worth to appraise for someone. What would the rifle overall be worth?

I've taken quick snapshots of the rifle but I can take more.

Thanks!

Attachments:

Aeroscout

Contributor
FALaholic #
Buena Park ABNI marked are the known good ones. The lower is Aussie, Brit selector. The carry handle looks Canadian? 30 Round Bren mag.

I don't know about any of their other upper receivers. @gunplumber would be the guy to ask.

def90

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
The Peoples' Republic of Boulder, Colorado
As for value if it shoots it shoots regardless of where it's from or how it's marked. $500-600 for receiver, $800-900 for complete lower, bolt and carrier. $200 ish for barrel depending on what it is and whether or not it was "customized" to make the bipod work. $150-180 for the Canadian heavy barrel carry handle, $50 maybe for the bipod.

Take a bit off of the total as a whole rifle as well as it's an oddball that is only going to appeal to a certain person.

Last edited:

Near Sighted Sniper

Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Doesn’t look like it has a real Canadian rear sight either. I wouldn’t pay more than $1200 for it but that’s me, I have plenty on inch guns so that would be a big part of my spending decision.

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
While the execution is sloppy, I kindof like the concept. A sleeve around the gas block. I'm thinking such a sleeve could be fabricated from a piece of pipe with a lip on the front, and a latch on the back like a type C bayonet. Heck, the back of a bayonet handle may fit. Then the bipod pivot welded to that. A notch like that on a combo device on the rear of the gas block and one has a QD Bipod.

Securing the leg in the folded up position may take my creativity, but the gears in my brain are spinning (slowly).

Remember those clamps the LE Remington 870s used to hold the mag tube extension? I wonder if something like that can be used. If the top profile mirrors the gas tube support it would limit rotation. A cross screw tensioning the two halves of the clamp. And if this screw passes through a tiny notch in the barrel between the barrel and the gas tube support, then the clamp won't slide forward or aft.

So the only mod to the gun would be a notch in the barrel and the back rear of the gas block.

Last edited:

MM2327

FALaholic #
Can be yours for 2k from Legacy:

Dirty_Gaijin

FALaholic #
Can be yours for 2k from Legacy:
Sadly don't get much of a say in price if its someone else's.

GSO

FALaholic #
I'll go ahead and be pedantic and point out that "Entreprise" is misspelled in the listing. People often mistakenly spell it Enterprise, but if you look at the receiver, that is not correct.