• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

How low can prices go?

Bubacus

FALaholic #

Gazz

FALaholic #
Got an email from Sportsmans outdoor superstore that has Pardus 12g pump shotguns for $109.99 for a cyber week sale. I didn't bite, but thought about it.

Impala_Guy

FALaholic #
Shotguns are just cheaper to produce than rifles by nature of their design. First firearm I ever bought with my own money was a 28in Remington 870 Express at K-Mart in the early 90s. It was around $260 then. You can still find them today on sale from the big dealers for the low to mid $300s. Colt AR-15s and SA M14 clones have increased in retail price around 50-70% in that same time frame.

Last edited:

fal762

FALaholic #
Watch the intro to this torture test video of the Mossberg 88, note the comment on the previous Black Aces test. (Skip the first 15 second Glock blurb.)
Are you referring to the TFB TV testing? James Reeves does 500 rd testing on several inexpensive shotguns (including the Black Aces Tactical). The Maverick was the only one to survive 500 rds.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
"Certification" involved shooting 5 shots at a packing pallet with no target on it, and in the general direction of the Fire Academy.

I guess if I cried, I wouldn't get certified.

So I fired the five shots and looked at the RSO, and said... Well I said something.

He didn't say anything. Just walked back inside and signed the form.

Day after that I was on rooftops.

Thinking...

"Mama, why dat po-lees walkin' on the roofs"

"You shush now chile..."

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I also got one of those Norinco "Hawk" 982 guns.

870 clone from Chickety-China.

All 870 parts seem to swap right into the Norinco. Or at least I swapped parts around in the garage, and everything seemed to get along. I didn't crank off any rounds in the garage. This time.

The barrel-ring that supports the magazine tube is farther out with the Norinco. So if you wanna swap-in a regular 870 barrel on the Norinco, you gotta use a spacer-tube between the magazine end-cap and the Remington barrel ring. Some dude on ebay will sell you one for $15.

I wrote a review of mine here.

I can't stress it enough, if you get one of these knock-off things, or even if you get a LEGIT version, be sure to STAKE ALL SCREWS - or at least LOCTITE the living hell out of any threaded fastener that might try to unscrew itself on firing. I really do want to just choke people who show up at the range with guns that unscrew themselves, and then the shooter wants to call a cease fire while he crawls around looking for some part that fell off his gun because he didn't bother to stake/loctite the parts that tend to fall off.

Last edited:

ByronF

FALaholic #

All 870 parts seem to swap right into the Norinco. Or at least I swapped parts around in the garage, and everything seemed to get along. I didn't crank off any rounds in the garage. This time.

The barrel-ring that supports the magazine tube is farther out with the Norinco. So if you wanna swap-in a regular 870 barrel on the Norinco, you gotta use a spacer-tube between the magazine end-cap and the Remington barrel ring. Some dude on ebay will sell you one for $15.

I wrote a review of mine here.

I can't stress it enough, if you get one of these knock-off things, or even if you get a LEGIT version, be sure to STAKE ALL SCREWS - or at least LOCTITE the living hell out of any threaded fastener that might try to unscrew itself on firing. I really do want to just choke people who show up at the range with guns that unscrew themselves, and then the shooter wants to call a cease fire while he crawls around looking for some part that fell off his gun because he didn't bother to stake/loctite the parts that tend to fall off.
I seem to be missing all the screws on my 870. Must have backed out already.

Abominog

FALaholic #
You usually get what you pay for.

if they sold Hyundai for $1000 I’d buy a bunch and throw them away. At $20k plus, I’ll take a Toyota.

Turk guns are a great value. Value is performance/cost. I tend to skip the cost part and just go for performance.

ratas calientes

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #

I gots me wonna dem. Better git it out and do sum stakin'.

d762nato

FALaholic #
Model 12 riot the fastest pump gun I've ever owned. I grew up shooting pump guns. When I was young and at a range shooting a model 12 riot, I had all 5 empty hulls of 00 buck in the air before the first one hit the ground. Then a guy from up the range walked up to me and said excuse me but I'm a police officer and I've never seen anyone that can shoot a pump gun that fast before. I just smiled and said Well I grew up hunting and shooting a pump gun. 😁 Another fast ass shotgun I've owned was a First edition Benelli super 90 M1 with the ghost ring sights and choke tubes, extended mag tube and short barrel. I should have kept that one, what a slick fast firing auto loader, fast as hell. Shotguns do have their place though and I like them.