• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Meet Chester

meltblown

Social Influencer for the Feds
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Dunno, Whitey ain't getting cut. His vet is honest about things. Yes, the official line is to do it early so that is on his card. But talking to him one on one is very different. He told me to not get it done until they are well up in age when the risk of cancer goes up in dogs if he's not acting out. His opinion is that the lack of the hormones hampers their development for the bones and muscles if done early. BTW: he's the only doc who told me that drugs are poison but somewhat necessary and don't get the shit shot.

Whitey is one of the most natural dogs I've ever had. He loves the outdoors and just sits for hours staring at things trying to learn how to catch and kill them. He got his 1st squirrel Saturday. I threw it in the garbage can. I just remembered that. I walked by it a little while ago and wondered why the can is as rank as an FIB agent. Now I know

Last edited:

medicmike

Socially Liberal
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
He told me to not get it done until they are well up in age when the risk of cancer goes up in dogs if he's not acting out. His opinion is that the lack of the hormones hampers their development for the bones and muscles if done early.
That has become the standard in the giant breeds. Many breeders are even putting it into their puppy contracts. I held off until Avery was about 2 1/2. Apparently makes a huge difference with hip dysplasia.

Randall

FALaholic #
PXL_20221019_155424545.jpg

Well. Chester ate through the clear "cone of shame" last night. So, Barb put a big inflatable donut around his neck which looked way more comfortable.

Sadly, he didn't have it in long enough to get a picture. By the time I got to my camera, I here Barb screaming at Chester. Yep. He bit a giant hole in the donut. So, now he is rocking a "new and improved" velcro cone of shame. We'll see how long this one lasts.

PXL_20221019_155431399.jpg

CeltofMissouri

Mug Rooster
FALaholic #
An old tired-looking dog wanders into a guy's yard. He examines the dog's collar and feels his well-fed belly and knows the dog has a home.

The dog follows him into the house, goes down the hall, jumps on the couch, gets comfortable and falls asleep. The man thinks its rather odd, but lets him sleep. After about an hour the dog wakes up, walks to the door and the guy lets him out. The dog wags his tale and leaves.

The next day the dog comes back and scratches at the door. The guy opens the door, the dog comes in, goes down the hall, jumps on the couch, gets comfortable and falls asleep again. The man lets him sleep. After about an hour the dog wakes up, walks to the door and the guy lets him out. The dog wags his tale and leaves.

This goes on for days. The guy grows really curious, so he pins a note on the dog's collar: "Your dog has been taking a nap at my house every day."

The next day the dog arrives with another note pinned to his collar: "He lives in a home with four children -- he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?' :D

CeltofMissouri

Mug Rooster
FALaholic #