• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

The Rains in Dubai

Story

FALaholic #
Context - there was a 1977/78 vintage DTIC report, forecasting using weather generators as a weapon of war.

So this crossed my screen and I thought it very Bladerunner

Then as i nuked my coffee, Youtube played on and i caught this commentary

Shit's weird :whistle: 🍿

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
My very first time working in Dubai it rained. They said it only rained a handful of days per year, and my only "tourist day" on that trip happened to be one.

jimmbob

unreparated
Contributor
FALaholic #
I find it humorous our propaganda machine blames global warming for our RADICAL weather systems that have been devastating parts of the US lately more than usual, the "atmospheric rivers" , floods and such.

Gosh, does one wonder if possibly mother nature is pissed, like REALLY pissed how we been treating her' We been dumping chemicals into the atmosphere to alter weather patterns since the end of WWII

They do it bigtime scale over there in the sand

Story

FALaholic #

55bird

FALaholic #
There will be plenty of steamy work for the slave class there. I watched a group of presumed Paki's in '08 across from the Dubai Grand sitting in partial shade and brought them some sports drinks from the free snack bar. They had a smorgasbord board of wonderful delicacies but the Texas KBR boys went to the local Burger King, yuch! Probably all Chinese labor now.

Impala_Guy

FALaholic #
I lived in the Persian Gulf for four years. Dubai sits right on the Tropic Of Cancer. Its pretty much on the same latitude as the Carribean and there is a monsoon season there. Heavy rainfall and flash floods for coastal cities dont happen every year but are nothing new there.

Story

FALaholic #
I lived in the Persian Gulf for four years.
That's nice! Post pics.

there is a monsoon season there. Heavy rainfall and flash floods for coastal cities dont happen every year but are nothing new there.
You clearly missed the point.​

The state-run WAM news agency called the rain "a historic weather event" that surpassed "anything documented since the start of data collection in 1949."

The rains began late Monday, before intensifying around 9 a.m. Tuesday and continuing throughout the day. By the end of Tuesday, more than 5.59 inches of rainfall had soaked Dubai over 24 hours. An average year sees 3.73 inches of rain total.

Dubai floods after heaviest rainfall in 75 years : The Picture Show : NPR

FP1201

FALaholic #
I find it humorous our propaganda machine blames global warming for our RADICAL weather systems that have been devastating parts of the US lately more than usual, the "atmospheric rivers" , floods and such.

Gosh, does one wonder if possibly mother nature is pissed, like REALLY pissed how we been treating her' We been dumping chemicals into the atmosphere to alter weather patterns since the end of WWII

They do it bigtime scale over there in the sand
Mother Nature: fuck around and you WILL find out.

Trypcil

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Chicken Little-isms! Earth has it's cycles, and within those cycles are other cycles - and they repeat. The Sun has an 11 year cycle - and we are currently at solar maximum - and the poles are shifting. The South pole isn't even in Antartica but in the Indian ocean, the North pole is moving towards Siberia - this of course has absolutely nothing to do with the weather whatsoever - yeah right! - ;) I could go all Biblical - I won't, yet the story has already been told - then there's the relatively recent "Carrington Event", and there's probably a 'clue' there as to what may befall us, or rather to those who would be alive when 'things' slot into play - again! Yes, the sky will fall - again !
Just the other day I saw 5 planes flying in formation with comtrails - but it wasn't just 5 comtrails - there were multiple. I suggest that the 'ptb' know what is going to happen, and are trying to 'mitigate' the process - they cannot! Maybe, maybe not - but the projected date is from 2040 - think what you may, most here will be gone before then - so it matters squat - !?
1714136316341.png