• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

WANTED SIG AMT and PE57

dw miller

FALaholic #
510-4 was a good gun I had one in the early 80’s, really no part’s available. It shot no better than my HK 91. So I got rid of it. Today it’s worth a fortune but a gun with no magazines is worthless.

Combloc

FALaholic #
Are you kidding? If only for the trigger alone, my AMT is a way better target rifle. And when you flip the winter trigger down, the pull drops below four pounds. I agree that the HK 91 is no slouch but it's no AMT. As for parts, how many AMT's have you ever seen broken??? Magazines? All you need is a couple. It's not like you're taking the thing into combat or pounding 20,000 rounds through it!!

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Are you kidding? If only for the trigger alone, my AMT is a way better target rifle. And when you flip the winter trigger down, the pull drops below four pounds. I agree that the HK 91 is no slouch but it's no AMT. As for parts, how many AMT's have you ever seen broken??? Magazines? All you need is a couple. It's not like you're taking the thing into combat or pounding 20,000 rounds through it!!
I've never seen an AMT let alone any broken ones. Wouldn't recognize a mag if it bit me in the arse.
What's the logic of making a winter trigger lighter than the standard? Do I understand correctly? Because with gloves on I can't feel a trigger and that means less control. I'd want the winter trigger for use with gloves to be heavier so I could feel it through the gloves without firing the rifle unintentionally.

Combloc

FALaholic #
If you read the writeup I did on the rifle, the winter trigger making the pull lighter will become clear. Essentially, it makes the trigger longer, therby giving you more leverage, lightening the pull.

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
If you read the writeup I did on the rifle, the winter trigger making the pull lighter will become clear. Essentially, it makes the trigger longer, therby giving you more leverage, lightening the pull.
I've never seen your write up on the rifle. Still, a lighter trigger when one is wearing gloves seems like a really bad idea, regardless of how it's lightened.